View Drone Video of Farm here:
Belize 74.7 Acres Farm near Barton Creek Mennonite Community
This farm consists of a total of 74.71 acres with two free and clear titles.
This is a very well-kept productive and diversified creek side farm, situated near the Mennonite community of Upper Barton Creek, a year-round and crystal clear creek. There is approximately 500 feet of creek that fronts the property.
A short 10min walk away is the Barton Creek Cave. Touring it involves spending over an hour paddling along an ancient waterway inside the mountain.
The land is fenced and cross fenced and has many producing fruit trees, garden areas, pastures with relocated barn structure, with water holes, ample timberland with hardwoods as well as a rustic wood house, and new steel frame barn.
The extraordinarily fertile soil can accommodate a multitude of uses. Take up farming, or enjoy the wide open space….The size and layout of the property afford you several ideal locations for new construction.
From your front porch, you can kick back and watch the horses and buggies travel by. Parrots fly over every day, sit and watch the toucans in the trees. Listen to howler monkeys and occasionally catch a view of much other jungle wildlife.
The jungled area up the hillside still has mature hardwoods such as cedar, sapodilla and many others.
- Communication: Out on the property, there are different spots that you can get a clear cell phone signal.
- Water: A well was drilled on the property during the dry season in 2015. The depth of the well is 45 feet with a static water level at 13ft. Estimated well max production is at 25+ gal per minute, currently has a small solar-powered pump that is rated at 5 gals per minute
- Power: Solar Panels are placed on the barn and the main house. Inside of the container are 2 additional panels that are currently unused.
- Farm House: The main house is an old Mennonite house, it is sturdy but still in need of maintenance and repair. The house is two stories with a basement that has three separate rooms upstairs. Lots of windows that have a screen to keep good airflow through and most bugs out.
- New Big Barn: New construction of a steel frame barn with dimensions of 40 ft x 60 ft x 20 ft height at corners. The entry opening is 20ft wide by 12ft high. Inside is poured a concrete slab that measures 20 ft x 40 ft, while the rest of the floor is currently dirt. It has been filled to where it would only take a load of gravel to fill the rest.
- Pasture Barn: An older barn structure was relocated to down inside the large pasture. New poured concrete and cement block foundation along with some new material was used with the original structure to build a solid animal barn with dimensions of approx. 20ft x 40ft.
- Caretakers’ house: Small two-story house that the caretaker and his family live in.
The land around the house is cleared, covered with mowed lawn and local trees. On the property you will find avocado, banana, orange, grapefruit, pomegranate, breadfruit, macadamia nut, raspberry, lime, yellow lemon, soursop, mangostein, mamae, golden plum, tambrand, coconut, starfruit, sapodilla trees Breadfruit, Mango, Tambran, Golden Plum, Goose Apple, Maly Apple, Plantain, Banana, Coconut, Orange, Grapefruit, Kenept, Craboo, Cashew, Sapra, Sea Grapes, Almond, Goose Berry, Blackberry, cacao and huge mango trees.