Belize One of a Kind Resort Style Property on 90 Acres
MLS # R102104SI
Belize ONE of a kind property – IDEAL place to Escape to for those who wish to live self sufficient and on a property large enough for family and friends private compound!
- 12 riverside cabanas
- Impressive expansive hacienda style main house
- Manager’s apartment, large bar and restaurant
- Commercial Kitchen
- Private Chapel for weddings and gatherings
- Breathtaking Pool with lush landscaping surrounding it
- Bird Watching tower and Private boat dock
- Private fenced in parking lot across the river for guests and family
The property consists of 90 acres of riverside land located in the west of the country, close to the bustling tourist town of San Ignacio and accessed across the beautiful Mopan River by boat. This location is impressive, and if you wish, you can hike or horseback ride directly to the majestic Xunantunich ruins in a short span of time!
This property was once awarded the title of “THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RESORT IN THE WORLD.”
The resort had been closed for some time before the current owners purchased it. They have been steadily carrying out major renovations and updates, some of which are currently still ongoing. However, the resort could be partially opened now with minimal effort while the remaining renovations are being completed.
This property consists of 12 cabanas in a beautifully landscaped area of the grounds, just back from the river. There is also a spacious owner’s home (approximately 2,500 square feet) and an apartment suitable for a manager’s accommodation.
The owner’s house has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and it is completely refurbished, furnished to US standards, has a/c and is in move-in condition.
This stunning home also features a large deck overlooking the river and also a fenced back yard in case the owners have pets.
The manager’s apartment is also ready for use.
Some of the cabanas have already been refurbished and are nearly ready for use (need only a mirror, bathroom faucet and AC unit) while upgrades are still on-going in some of the other cabanas.
There is a large restaurant/bar area with both indoor and outdoor seating under a covered patio; the restaurant/bar renovations have been completed and it is ready for use.
A major film/television company was recently interested in using the resort as a setting for a TV series; which demonstrates the versatility of the property and the potential it has for a variety of future uses.
- Restaurant/Bar: Large restaurant/bar with additional patio seating. The restaurant has been completely renovated and furnished with handmade furniture and is ready to open. The seating area was doubled by adding covered seating areas on the deck surrounding the restaurant for outdoor dining and the bathrooms are new and very deluxe. The commercial kitchen in the restaurant is fully renovated and ready for use. It has two new stoves and only needs a refrigerator.
- Pool: The pool has been completely renovated and the pool equipment was recently replaced with brand-new equipment. The area is surrounded by lush greenery and the sounds of parrots nesting in the nearby trees.
- Wedding Chapel: An adorably quaint wedding chapel complete with pews overlooks the river, providing an idyllic setting for local or destination weddings.
- Bird Watching Tower: A bird watching tower which will be popular with guests; in the past, many bird enthusiasts visited this resort due to the diverse number of bird species that live on and near the property.
- Laundry House: A separate facility exists to be used as a laundry house. There is an attic for storage and a break area with bathroom for staff; the staff bathroom has not yet been upgraded.
- Furnishings: All furniture is handmade by local craftsmen and included in the sale.
- Electricity, Water and Internet: The property has main grid electricity, city water and its own dedicated fiber optic cable for excellent internet and phone service.
- Thatch Roofs: The thatch roofs on all cabanas and palapas were replaced a few years ago. They have been properly maintained since then and any repairs needed were carried out by the tradesmen that installed them.
- Thatch Grove: There is a thatch grove that will produce enough thatch for any repairs or replacements in the future. This thatch grove has been maintained so it would grow and flourish. This will significantly reduce the costs of any future thatch repairs or replacements.
- Fruit Orchard: The resort boasts a fruit orchard with many tropical fruit trees planted a few years ago and a greenhouse allows new plants to be started and then later transplanted on the property.
- Greenhouse: There is a working greenhouse on the property where plants are started and later transplanted throughout the property.
- Landscaping: The landscaping is worked on daily to keep the property lush and beautiful.
- Livestock: There is a fenced area for livestock, although it is not currently in use.
INCLUDED IN SALE:
- Ferry: A large ferry for transporting guests (the two motors are almost new).
- Motorized Boat: A motorized boat with almost a new outboard motor is the fastest way to cross the river; the boat needs some repairs, but is functional for fast access.
- Canoe: A canoe provides a scenic and gas-free way to cross the river as well.
- Pickup Truck: A Ford F-150 pickup truck is also included in the sale; it is not new but runs well; the interior is clean and the exterior has no dents.
- Fenced Parking Lot: A secure fenced parking lot on the town side for company and guest vehicles. There is a small structure in the parking lot for an attendant.
There is currently a staff of eight people who, according to the owners, are extremely trustworthy. On request, the owners can provide an assessment on each staff member.
With the good internet service and reliable staff, it is possible for the new owners to operate the property/resort from outside of Belize, if desired.
The employees wish to stay on to care for the property and as they are very long term, reliable people, this is a HUGE win for you as the new owner.
Property taxes are about US$500 per year.
Most of the 90-acre property is still in its natural jungle condition, but it is still possible to hike to the nearby famous Xunantunich Mayan ruins making the resort an attractive and convenient place to stay while exploring the ruins and other nearby tourist attractions.
There are no other “in-use’ properties on the same side of the river in this area. The charming border town of Benque Viejo Del Carmen is directly across the river and easily accessible by boat. The closeness of the Guatemalan border crossing makes all of the many Guatemalan tourist attractions like Flores and the fabulous Tikal Maya ruins easily accessible.
This property/resort provides a unique opportunity for the right person(s) to become a major player in the Belize tourism industry, or to have a stunning private retreat. Don’t miss out, contact us today for more information!