Birder’s Belize Luxury Home with stunning views of the Macal River
MLS # H301612SE
HOME AND LAND FEATURES
This 2 story upscale home is located in the twin town of Santa Elena, just across the bridge from the popular tourist town of San Ignacio. It sits on a gorgeous 0.51 Acres fully fenced yard planted in numerous fruit trees. The home boasts about 2,700 sq. ft.of floored area with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms excluding the outdoor kitchen. The home was designed wide, narrow and with high ceilings facing the prevailing breeze to have cool air flow throughout the house. It features custom made solid mahogany doors, USA made vinyl clad windows with decorative bars, phantom retractable screen doors and two upper floor windows are attractively arched.
The terrific views of this property can be appreciated from the balcony or under a thatched roof palapa, which overlooks the Macal River.
The front entrance foyer, has an artistic hand made ceramic tile butterfly floor and curved steps with direct access to the garage and bathroom. It also has a decorative security door. The bathroom and laundry room were designed with mahogany display shelves, louvered mahogany door and accessing a storage area.
Featuring vaulted Cedar ceilings in the living room with upper arched windows and double opening French doors this home is a dream come true giving it a charming and welcoming design. Not to mention the entertainment unit that leaves no room for boredom.
KITCHEN AND DINING AREA
For those who have the kitchen as their favorite area, attention to detail was given to the expansive and spectacular (15 ft. x 14.6 ft.) kitchen where you can cook the most favorite culinary treats that will satisfy your taste buds. There is a Mahogany cabinet with large pull out drawers and large glass display, a pantry and enough room to accommodate kitchen ware and groceries. A built in dishwasher accompanied by a double sink with faucet sprayer are unique and well appreciated features in Belize. For the wine lovers, a wine rack is also available in the kitchen making it easily accessible for sharing with a great meal or with visitors. To give it a more Belizean style, the kitchen counter tops were made with Belize limestone. The hard to get at corner access door is in the living room.
Some of the appliances in the house include:
* High end AMANA double door fridge/freezer with ice-maker and cold water dispenser
* Stainless steel dishwasher
* Convection microwave
* 5 burner deluxe heavy duty stainless steel Kenmore stove
* White washer, dryer and deep freezer
* Hunter fans in living room and all bedrooms
MASTER BEDROOM: The 12 ft. by 16 ft. master bedroom has a walkin closet (pull out drawers) with louvered doors for air circulation plus 2 windows. The Master Bedroom also comes with an air conditioner over the bed to blow cold air down the staircase and cooling the main floor. The ensuite bathroom features imported mirror with display shelves and contains a walk in shower, sitting bench and boxed out screened window for fresh air.
2ND BEDROOM: The second bedroom measures 14 ft. by 9.6 ft. and contains 2 windows for air circulation.
3RD BEDROOM: The third bedroom 15 ft by 9.6 experiences great cooling breezes and is very private for guests. Bedroom 2 and 3 share a bathroom on the second floor.
* Loft overlooking living room has a large bookcase, desk, computer station with shelves.
* Swimming Pool
* 12,000 gallon salt water pool that is much easier on the eyes and skin than traditional chlorine systems.
* Depth is 6 ft. at deep end
* Curved seating bench at deep end
* Underwater lights
* Children’s paddling pool
* Safe, non-slip tile patio and walkways
* Pool has a separate electrical breaker panel
* Outdoor Kitchen:
* Made with a thatched/palapa roof that was replaced in spring 2016 and is vented at both ends
* Contains 2 copper air circulating fans
* Mahogany cabinets with large pull out drawers, and double sinks with faucet spray
* Deluxe grill,
* Orchid area
GARAGE: ( 14.6 ft. x 32ft.)
Has an electric door and also contains a work bench with drawers, storage shelves with hooks and electric fan. The garage also contains the hot water heater with the overhead open door to allow the carbon monoxide gas to come out through the rear louvers.
THE LANDSCAPE PLAN AND SWIMMING POOL WERE DESIGNED BY BRENDAN O’DONOGHUE DESIGNS
* Electrical system
* Surge protectors on main panel and there are 2 sub panels.
* 12 volt on demand water pump for purified water pressured through fridge and ice maker
* Exterior and yard
* Concrete shingles
* Underground sprinklers (need repaired)
* Heavy duty steel frame driveway entrance gate shows no deflection after 9 years. The interior has artistic metal bird cut outs.
* Concrete patio stone driveway and walkway are framed with poured concrete
* Concrete shed
* Galvanized framed boat storage protection
* Garden areas have-fertile black earth sourced and installed. There is an additional supply of potting soil at the gate on the river side
* Limestone rock retaining walls and stairway into the cave. Note the cave floor is unstable and dangerous to walk on
* There is also an orchid garden, flower bed, clothes line and drainage groove in the floor for roof runoff.
LOCATION OF PROPERTY
Belize Luxury Home with stunning views of the Macal River is conveniently located just a couple of minutes drive from San Ignacio Town. San Ignacio Town offers many amenities including banks, restaurants, post office, farmer’s market, grocery stores, clinics and much more.
- Minutes from San Ignacio Town with stores, banks, post office and restaurants
- Great view of the Macal River
- Salt water swimming pool
- Quiet and tranquil neighborhood
- Low yearly property taxes
- Several mature fruit trees
- A birder’s paradise. Many birds are seen daily on property including Toucans.
- Modern well built home.
- Alarm System
- Ceiling Fan
- Laundry Room
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Wine Storage
- Concrete Block
- Concrete Tile
- River View
- Gas Range
- Outdoor Grill
- Fenced Yard
- Garden Area
- Swimming Pool
- Trees / Shrubs
- Cable Available
- Garage Door Opener
- High Speed Internet Available
Belize Luxury Home with stunning views of the Macal River is an amazing place to call home. Schedule a showing with Team Rainforest Realty!